Know the history of the car
and any important issues.
Why you need to get a vehicle report
One in three vehicles checked has money owing, an inconsistent
odometer reading, previous damage or is reported stolen? If you
buy a car without getting a full history check, you run the risk of it
debts still owing or being worth far less than you paid for it.
Money owing and
• If there is a security interest
registered, another person or
company may seize a vehicle to pay
off the debt.
• Often vehicle debts are hidden on
vehicle’s past plates.
• There are over 500,000 registered
debts on vehicles each year and
250,000 debts hidden on the past
Registration and licence
• Ensure vehicle currently licensed
• Ensure the vehicle be driven on the
road and vehicle usage type.
• Has registration been canceled,
when and what was the cause.
• Current registration status.
• Origin of the vehicle registration.
• First registered in New Zealand and
if it was registered overseas.
• Full New Zealand ownership history
and how many owners.
• Name and address details on
• Imported with structured damage
and identified at the border.
• Ensure the vehicle been identified
has not been damaged by water
and/or fire to the extent below the
safety standard required by New
• Find out the current market valuation
of your vehicle is. Where available the
future 1 year and 2 years values also
• The history of registration plates that
have been issued for this vehicle in
• The Report details history and debt,
checks and exposes any problems in
one easy to read list of alerts,
warnings and notices.
• Odometer readings history of
recorded at the WOF/COF
inspections and during import
• Have the readings been consistent.
• Estimated current odometer
Warrant of fitness
• The latest inspection and ensure it
• The current WOF/COF and expiry.
Road user charges
• Current RUC licence details.
• Outstanding RUC charges.
• History of RUC charges.
Get your FREE report today
Simplify reports cover important checks, including:
Simplify call us on 0800 001 561